Philippine Churches

Sidetrip: Back to ‘Normal’

Where do you study?
“PNU.” I said.
Ah! (with confidence) Philippine National University!
No, it’s PHILIPPINE NORMAL UNIVERSITY.


Going back to where you were honed to become a teacher is of overwhelming feeling. Nostalgic it is for me to get back to the atmosphere where you feel like a student; in the rush to submit your projects, haggling with your professors to pass you in their subject and staying in cafeteria than to attend a tiresome-mood class. Four memorable years I have experienced gave me a pocketful of treasured moments. How could I forget the digits 2005-115664, the INCs on my class cards, cheer dance rehearsals till midnight, ghost hunting in the old buildings, ID being confiscated by the guards, having classes in one of the oldest buildings while the earth is shaking (our professor didn’t care at all!), “Ang Bulalakaw” (drum roll) during the Torch Ceremony, the pinning ceremony, playing childlike in the field (damn I missed this so much!), off-campus student teaching, class meeting under the mango tree (UTMT – that’s how PNUans call it), the dogwalk and its counterpart; the catwalk, sleeping in the couch of your chosen interest clubs, and the list goes on. Oh I love these things. I love being NORMAL!

I still have some pieces of memorabilia during my stay in PNU, evidences of being so-called normal.



Find the INCs. :)


The time card that I used during my practice teaching in V. Mapa High School in San Miguel, Manila.


Our graduation ball (invitation), held at the Manila Hotel.


Left IDs. My school ID had been confiscated several times which was surrendered upon graduation. All I have now are these. Plus my expired Alumni ID.


"Top the LET and I'll give you Php50,000." That's how our University President congratulates.
Though a motivation but it didn't drive me at all.

No comments: